BON is totally committed to protecting the privacy of our site visitors and customers. We will not disclose information about our customers to third parties except where it is part of providing a service to you - e.g. arranging for a product to be sent to you or carrying out credit and other security checks.
Information WE Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide BON with certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide BON with additional personal information (for a custom order, for example), if you contact us directly.
We will not sell your name, address, e-mail address, credit card information or personal information to any third party
Communication & Marketing
If you have made a purchase from our online store and have not signed up to receive our newsletters, we will only communicate with you with regard to your order.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small information file that is sent to your computer and is stored on your hard drive. If you have registered with us then your computer will store an identifying cookie which will save you time each time you re-visit BON, by remembering your email address for you. You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer without your explicit consent.
Protecting your security
We may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. This is done only to confirm your identity - a credit check is not performed and your credit rating is unaffected.
BON is registered on the Data Protection Register with the Information Commissioner's Office under registration reference ZA063330 and as such complies with the regulations outlined for the collection, holding and processing of customer information and data under The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 25th May 2018.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about our customers is important to BON. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our shop, such as delivery companies. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If we sell or merge our business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Third party sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. We describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
BON (at the address below) is the data controller for the purpose of The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 25th May 2018.
You have the right to access the information which BON holds about you. Any access request may be subject to a small fee.
If you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
Or, write to:
Wincanton BA9 8LN